Maree's research interests are closely aligned with her background as a social work practitioner, in particular working with older people. Her doctoral research drew from practice dilemmas and explored the distinctive geographies of purpose built residential complexes. Maree's interest in the living environments of older people continues in her current research projects concerned with older people and homelessness, rural service provision, housing and wellbeing as well as long standing interest in retirement villiages and residential care facilities.
- Older people and homelessness
- Older people in marginal housing
- Older people's living environments including purpose built accommodation and community living
- Rural Service provision for older people
- Living (and food) in aged care facilities
- Gerontological theory
Full profile: Dr Maree Petersen on uq researchers