Yara Jarallah is a mixed methods sociologist whose research so far has investigated changes in the family, including fertility and union formation, in light of political conflict and structural forces of control in two countries of the Arab World.
She also worked on other research fields including, adolescents’ health and wellbeing, domestic labor, women’s health and forced migration. Her current research examines social disadvantage and family dynamics over the life course using longitudinal panel data and is particularly interested in gender and ethnic differences.
- Family Sociology
- Social Determinants of Health, Migration and Refugees
- Ethnic inequality and stratification
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Family Dynamics
- BA Economics and Business Administration (Birzeit University)
- MSc Population Health (American University of Beirut)
- PhD Sociology (Brown University)