Develop evidence-base for challenging policy
The Institute for Social Science Research (ISSR) was founded by The University of Queensland in 2007 to concentrate and grow expertise in evidence-based social science research that finds solutions to challenges facing society and to:
- Provide an evidence-base for policy makers on issues and challenges facing the nation and the region
- Engage with stakeholders and partners in research and practice that makes a positive difference
- Position UQ as one of the world's leading social science research universities
- Further grow the strong multi-disciplinary social science research conducted at the university
- Contribute to the learning experiences of students at the university
- Train the future social science research leaders.
In a short period of time ISSR has become one of the largest social science research institutes in Australia with a profile that combines rigorous research with strong external engagement with governments, industry and the not-for-profit sector.