Module A1 - Understanding Data (½ day 9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
This module will provide an understanding of the basic concepts for organising and summarising the data that underlies all statistical methods.
On completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the relevance of data for problem solving
- Identify the structure and nature of data
- Understand variability within data and why it is important
- Recognise different forms and types of data
- Understand techniques to summarise data.