Module B3 – Recognising Changes (½ day 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm)
To provide participants with an understanding of the varying methods of analysis to calculate differences between groups as well as differences within groups. The focus of this module will be on data associated with repeated measures (such as longitudinal surveys or medical experiments) as well as univariate time-series data (such as police offence data or sales data). This module will demonstrate how to apply different methods of analysis to the same data and how to account for correlation of variance.
On completing this module, participants will have an understanding of:
1. The different methods to analyse the same data source
2. The importance of accounting for correlation of variance (or serial correlation)
3. How to test for differences
4. How to visually display repeated measures and time series data
5. How to interpret results from these tests