Module C3 – Longitudinal Data Analysis: Intro and Panel Regression Methods (2 days 9:00 am - 5:00 pm )
To provide participants with a thorough understanding of the structure, properties and uses of
quantitative longitudinal survey datasets as well the skills to confidently manage and analyse these.
This module will combine comprehensive explanations with hands-on practical sessions using Stata
software and data from the Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey.
On completing this module, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the advantages of using longitudinal data in socio-economic research
2. Manage longitudinal datasets and prepare these for statistical analysis
3. Perform exploratory and descriptive panel data analyses
4. Understand the different approaches that can be used to model multivariate
relationships with panel data (e.g. fixed and random effects regression models)
5. Determine which modelling approach is better to answer a particular research question
6. Effectively present the results of longitudinal data analyses to different audiences