Data analysis training
The Institute’s Method for Social Analysis and Statistics (MFSAS) offers targeted training courses for staff, students and external clients in data analysis, including:
- Introductory ‘dealing with data’ courses, which cover the basics of data and data collection;
- Applied ‘working with data’ courses, which introduce basic techniques for data analysis to identify appropriate analyses for research questions around similarity and difference, and analyse and interpret results; and
- Advanced ‘analysing complex datasets’ courses, which teach statistical techniques for analysing complex datasets and research questions.
Data analysis services and capabilities
Our expert team offers the following services and capabilities:
- State-of-the-art analytical software for a rich and complex understanding of data
- Use of complex multi-level, longitudinal and spatial data structures
- Development of mathematical and statistical models, geographic visualisation or the integration of research design, data collection, and analysis
- Access to scientific qualitative data analysis using cutting-edge Leximancer software
- Management of clients data for future use, including preserving, documenting or preparing data for archiving.